A duplex ultrasound is a test to see how blood moves through your arteries and veins. The test combines traditional ultrasound with Doppler ultrasonography. Regular Ultrasound uses sound waves that are bounce off from blood vessels to create pictures. Doppler looks at how sound waves are reflected off from moving objects, such as blood.
There are different types of duplex ultrasound exams. Some include:
- Arterial and venous duplex ultrasound of the abdomen examines blood vessels And blood flow in the abdominal area.
- Carotid duplex ultrasound looks at the carotid artery in the neck.
- Duplex ultrasound of the extremities looks at the arms or legs.
- Renal duplex ultrasound examines the kidneys.
- Gynae Doppler.
- For DVt.
- Arterial/Venous Doppler.
- Penile Doppler.
- Pharmalo Penile Doppler PPD